As you move toward the end of the year, it is important for leaders to think back over the past year and reflect, assess yourself and your work. Take notes and then ask what adjustments you need to make in your life, in your business and as a leader during the new year. Share this important reflection with a colleague, your spouse, and your coach for discussion. Here are some questions to consider.
Looking back at the beginning of the year.
- What were your thoughts about your life, your business, your team, and the work ahead of you?
- What were your thoughts about your leadership strengths and development areas?
- What were you challenges in your current environment?
Looking at the present and future state.
- How are you different now from where you started the year?
- What new challenges are you now aware of that you were not then?
- How would you assess your growth as a leader?
- How would you assess your business, your team, your life right now? How is it different from the beginning of the year?
- What adjustments do I need to make in my work, my life, and my leadership?
- What are the leadership skills/competencies that are critical for your future success that you need to develop and strengthen?
Would love to hear your thoughts. Lead Well!